Sunday, June 3, 2007

BLOGWATCH: JoshMeAndMyDoves

A truly unique blog that features a lot of artworks. Most of his posts are about doves, art, and religion (no wonder, since in our country the influence of Catholicism runs deep). I remember those times at the Kolehiyo ng Arkitektura (hehe!) when I would spend hours and hours doing watercolor paintings at Melchor Hall. This guy inspires me to use art, once again as a medium of expression.

He posts his original artworks as well. Here are some of them:


I love the use of colors. What is amazing about art, as much as photography or modeling, is its ability to convey emotions without words. That is amazing ; ) Makes me want to pick up that brush and stop blogging hehe.. But I love you guys so much, I’ll probably stick around.

Speaking of art, I would just want to share my favorite painter of all time (next to Josh ; ) – Francisco DeGoya. He is a Spanish painter, and is known for his brooding, powerful, and disturbing works called The Black Paintings. You’re probably going to think I’m a weirdo, but I just love the intensity of it. See the madness in Saturn’s eyes in “Saturn Devouring One of His Children”? How about the eeriness of “Witches Sabbath”? I tried copying some of them but just ended up smearing black ink on my watercolor paper. I’m no Goya.
Saturn Devouring One of His Children Witches Sabbath

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thad, school mate. Tnx a lot for the post w/ my works. sighhh, (a tear fell down!) ngeheheh. Yup goya is one master painter. Sexy who? meeeH??? Payatot po ako :) (sexy s mark, did y saw his pix!)
w/ deep gratitude - josh

Thad said...

nah, I'm a big fan = ) i wanna be able to say "i knew him then", when you become famous hehe! not for a scandal though..

Anonymous said...

Hope i wont be burnd in stake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails