Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Cat



Sorry, I couldn’t resist the title. Looks like Impostor has competition- two of them, in fact. We had two stray kittens yesterday who showed up at our gate. They both had white fur, and were very tiny (a little emaciated I would say). My grandmother said it wouldn’t hurt to add more to the two tempestuous dogs, fifteen doves, and diva-cat we already have as pets, so we adopted them.

Both were promptly greeted by Dorshu, our resident askal who guards the front yard. Dorshu showed her affection by trying to bite the critters. After minutes of panicked meows, scratching, and our helper threatening Dorshu with a broom, our dog finally left them alone. Presently we keep the kittens at the second floor terrace (and close the door because Cindy, our indoor dog hates it when they stray into her territory- the upstairs living room).

I gave them names, much to Nanay’s annoyance: the yellow eyed one is Ming-Ming Sobieski, and the other one Madame Pompadour. Yeah, you heard me right. Nanay insists we should just give them two-syllable names, so the names are still under negotiation. Hmph!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails