Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Conversation With a Fallen Angel

“Hello!”

Oh great, another voice to join the symphony in my head. I was watching DaVinci Code in my room.

“Who is it?”

“It’s me, the fallen angel.”

“My angel? Na-demote ka?”

“Gagah, fallen angel nga. I don’t want to refer to myself using the “D” word.”

“What do you want?” I asked. I saw a good looking guy in a black suit sitting on the chair at the far end of my room. “And where’s your pitchfork?”

“I don’t really carry a pitchfork, but that’s how Universal Studios would portray me. You seem surprised at what you see.”

“Well, you look really cute. I was expecting a hideous monster.”

“I can turn myself into a hideous monster. And don’t you forget I was once the brightest star. His favorite among the bunch.”

“Yeah, I heard about that.” I said. “I was expecting that you look like Sadako from The Ring.”

“You watch too many movies.” A cigarette appears on his fingertips and he uses his fingertip to light it.

“No smoking in the room. Aircon kasi.” I say.

“The nerve!” He gives me a look. The cigarette vanishes.

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” He asks.

“No, I’m afraid of God. I bet he could fry your ass in an instant if he wanted to.”

“I could hurt you now.” He said.

“I doubt that. Nothing in this world happens by accident. He sees everything, and its all part of His grand plan. Besides if you could, you would have done it already. My theory is that you can coach people to do bad stuff and that’s about it.”

“That’s partly true. I’ve coached you a lot of times before, and you loved it.”

“Yeah, but now I know better. I have as much capacity to do good as well as evil. I know what to choose.” I said.

“Care to test that?” He grins.

“Not tonight. I’m tired. Hey, can I ask a question?”

“Am I gay?” He says.

“I was about to ask that, how did you know?”

“You are so predictable. You asked your angel about gay stuff before.” He pointed out.

“I’m just curious. That’s hardly a crime.”

“I am neither straight nor gay.”

“Bisexual?” I wondered.

“Tanga! Neither nga e.”

“What about Succubus and stuff?”

“Those horny creatures are not my design.”

“Ah, ok. Well, it was nice to see you. May I get back to the movie? I have to make a blog entry after this.”

“You and your blogging. Hmph, you don’t really do anything interesting now. I’ll just see you when we get someplace where you can get jiggy again.” Dark smoke that smelled sweetly like tobacco filled the room, and then he disappears.

“Well, I’ve changed already-” I called out after him. But I was alone in my room now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st d guardian angel now....hmmnn d devil & d deep blue sea... interesting :-)

Thad said...

@ josh: It depends on what materializes in my crazy imagination ; )

cant_u_read said...

would u have sex with the fallen angel?

Thad said...

@ cant_u_read: highly unlikely.. hehe ; )

tentative said...

these 'conversations' are so much fun to read! i'm coming back for more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails