Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Afterthought


Once upon a summer, I had all the time in the world and all I did was post one entry after another. Not only did I get to raise my point (regarding you-know-what) and entertain (somewhat), I also got to satisfy my inner exhibitionist. I’m in a slump nowadays. Check the entries- they have been dwindling in number since February.

This year I hoped to finish the second book (and perhaps get a real editor and publisher for the first book), but at the rate we’re going at school- it seems like nothing but a far-fetched dream.

Ok, the real problem isn’t just the time. It’s the pressure. After the eliminations at school (that painful part where people get cut off if they have an unsatisfactory GWA- so far three sections have been removed), the administration decided to group students according to grade point average- and all Dean’s Listers in Section A. Fun.

The first two years of Nursing, I made time to do the things I really love like travel and blog. I would do crazy things like in the middle of Finals week I would stay up late to make an entry or decide to go on a spur of the moment trip to Samar to take pictures of the ocean. I got a 1.69 GWA, which was decent enough. However, my laid-back approach won’t work this time around. Summer classes had begun and it’s Dean’s Lister vs. Dean’s Lister.

Ding, ding, ding!

Round 1, FIGHT!

I have also had a lot of things that happened to me which I promised a certain someone I won’t blog about it. I’m keeping that promise.

I’m in a strange territory in my life right now. Getting the BSN degree is something I’d commit to for sure, but there are a thousand questions I’m still asking myself. After finishing, should I go back to my old job? Being a Team Manager had been one of the jobs I’ve truly loved. Should I apply as a nurse abroad? Work in a Cruise Ship (a job I’d wanted to try)? Apply for Med School? I’m no longer that fresh faced young adult with a lot of options. Only a soon-to-be 30 yr old has been Landscape Architect, has been Team Manager, wannabe writer, and soon-to-be-Nurse.

Secretly I want to quit for a year and just try my luck as a writer. That, of course, is something I’d never mention in front of people. Shhh… Now’s not the time to make another detour. I know that, but I still keep hoping I’d get a chance to really see if I could really make it.

I guess life never makes it easy. After all, where’s the fun in that?


2 comments:

. said...

At 26, I'm taking up my masters in creative writing, work as a chat operator in a BPO company and an aspiring teacher who wishes to return and teach in UST.

But you know what, the real things I could really hold on are my job and my studies. The rest are just wishful thinking.

Live life the way you want it. Sabi nga ng mom ko sa akin, you won't realize your true destination until you can already see it with your own eyes.

chase / chubz said...

bloody brilliant!! 1.6

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails