Monday, November 15, 2010

The Last Day of my Twenties- a pre-birthday thought

By no means it is a rare event when someone turns thirty, but it feels like a milestone nonetheless. I woke up today with the biggest smile on my face, I mean literally I felt like I was smiling the whole time I was slowly slipping into consciousness. Today is the last day of my twenties and I'm feeling a million things, but the one thing I feel the most is gratitude. Looking past all the material things, I've been blessed with so many friends- my closest high school barkada,
my UP Arki friends,my call center buddies especially my beloved former team,
and my Nursing school comrades, and of course there's my family and my partner.
I'm so lucky :->
I laugh when I remember my antics, the rebelliousness of my youth, my little projects, I remember my mistakes, troubles, and hardships, and that it was all worth it. Life is indeed a wonderful gift, and before entering another chapter I look past to the past twenty years since my preteen years and I wouldn't change a thing. I realized that the bad things, the sad things, the happy events, triumphs and tragedies are all part of growing up. I lived my youth exactly the way I wanted to, and now I feel ready to move on. I know whatever comes my way, I can handle it with God's guidance and love.
A few days ago, I found myself with a spatula in my hand, in front of the stove and I thought: whoa, this is me, cooking on a weekday, managing my time. Hey, I'm all grown up! 

3 comments:

rudeboy said...

Happy birthday, Thad!

And welcome to a most interesting decade. Hope it exceeds the joys and adventures of your roaring 20s.

jan said...

hello thad!it's surprising to know you're 30.you seem really young!and though this comes months late, hope you have a blast being in your 30s:-)

i'm sorry about your papa.read it too late too.

have you taken the board exam already?

it's only now that i took time to read the blogs of friends. so it figures why i learned of the many upheavals in your life only now:-)

how strange that tacloban is small yet we don't bump into each other...

Thad said...

Hi Ma'am J,
we're just waiting for the results of the board.. thanks for the sympathies and prayers. Yes, hope to see you one of these days :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails