Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What's up?

I haven't really blogged in a long time- at least the creative posts. That's because I've been a little busy lately. Here's what occupied my time the past few weeks:

Med School Hunting

After the NMAT, and in-between finishing my Operating Room, NICU, and DR cases, I squeezed in some time to finally visit prospective med schools in Manila. Two of the other choice schools would be in Iloilo and Cebu, but I guess I'll have to do that another time.

I forgot how hellish it is in Manila with all the clouds of dust and soaring temperatures, and given that mere mortals such as myself commute, I was subjected to being sunbaked in a creaky old bus. No matter how clean and fresh I looked at 7am, by the time I arrived at my destination I was a mess. So much for great first impressions during the interview.

The thing is, I need to be full scholar (or in the pinoy MD at least) to study this year. Turns out all slots were filled by the time of my April NMAT and May application. Okay so here's a tip: most schools begin accepting pinoy MD applications as early as October of the preceding year, as for admissions they begin January.

I guess this is a blessing in disguise because this gives me time to finish all my cases and focus on the review for the Nursing board exam.

Ambitious Quest

I wanted to start writing again, since I have free time now and then, but I don't want to stick with the blog format anymore. It has to be a short story or a novel (naks) this time, I only hope I get struck by inspiration which will be enough to propel the story even without "technical know-how" in creative writing.

I'll begin by reading either my favorite books by Marquez or maybe Stephen King to switch to a new genre. But seriously, for my in-between time I blog for a little bit of cash. Shhhh!

Design Possibilities

I'll be doing another layout design for 2011 Orchid calendar, and quite possibly render some sketches for a Balinese house. I hope I get to manage my time just right, and of course since its May its fiesta season and that's always big deal in the province.

I'm looking forward to this June's Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival and the Sangyaw Festival here in Tacloban. I haven't missed a single year and some of the presenters have actually competed and won in the Sinulog and Aliwan Festival. Can't wait!

2 comments:

ardee sean said...

natanong ko sa recent post mo kung kumusta ka na, andito lang pala sa post na to yung updates mo.

Nagawi ka pala dito Manila at natawa naman ako sa sinabi mo "No matter how clean and fresh I looked at 7am, by the time I arrived at my destination I was a mess." wahahah, tamaaaaa!!

Parehas tau ng ambitious quest. lol

Thad said...

Good luck sa atin sa quest hehe.. At least for now I get to write posts for a bit of cash :-) Apply ka din sa Linkworth may link ako sa sidebar . Nagpromote e no? :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails